Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Weekend dyeing

20 yards of fabric torn into fat quarters for color testing. 80 fat quarters labelled and soda soaked. Dyestock prepared over two evenings. One twisted ankle as of a week ago. ^*%$^#!!! Fortunately I have a great gel mat and found I could still stand.

So you'd think I'd be all set for a Labor Day weekend of non-stop color right? Wrong. 

I love my children, I really do. I love having adult children living nearby, I really do. I love that my children are highly creative, I really do. I love that they are able to think outside the box and make the tools they need for their creative projects, I really do.

But...when Sonny Jim shows up with 64 two by fours that need to be thickness planed and table sawed (sawn??) it really puts a crimp in my weekend plans!

I did get some dyeing done, he still isn't good at mornings fortunately, but the noise and the stress of big boy tools drove me out of the basement eventually. Luckily my best bud/daughter came over and we went to see Meryl Streep being amazing as usual. Is there anything that woman can't do? 

So now for a week of washout and then some pics may emerge.


No comments:

Post a Comment