Monday, January 25, 2016

Ice-dyeing - results

Many of the results were blah so I won't bore you with them. 

Here are the ones I was somewhat pleased with:



t shirt ice-dyed with Procion MX
This was scrunched. The fat quarters I scrunched were just blah. Maybe this was big and dense enough that the dye ratio to fabric was good, and there was space for the color to spread and blend.































Fat quarter ice-dyed with Procion MX
Twisted fat quarter. There could have been more color variation for my taste. 
Fat quarter ice-dyed with Procion MX
Twisted fat quarter. Using up my golden yellow. We are not friends. I hate how it makes smears of color.
Fat quarter ice-dyed with Procion MX
Fat quarter with 3 pinch twists. Reminds me of a sunflower somehow!
Fat quarter ice-dyed with Procion MX
Shibori ice-dyed style. Very different from normal dipped shibori!

I finally got to play with the new Procion MX pure grey. Results next time.







































No comments:

Post a Comment