Thursday, November 5, 2015

Perspectives

On Saturday morning I leave home at 8:30 am EST to visit my mother in South Africa. With layovers, time changes and general chaos, I will arrive in Johannesburg at 5 p.m. on Sunday. I have been feeling somewhat cheated of a weekend! :-(

In preparing for the trip, I pulled out a quilt I have been working on intermittently for some time. It has reached the point where it needs hand embroidery (yay!), but I haven't had time to get to it. It suddenly occurred to me that rather than losing a weekend, I have gained 5 hours in which no one will expect anything of me other than that I keep myself quietly entertained at Dulles airport. Instead of being an annoyance, this long layover is suddenly a gift of uninterrupted play time! What a different perspective! :-) Now if only they don't confiscate my embroidery needles!

No comments:

Post a Comment