Monday, July 13, 2015

Fabric flower fail part 2

If 2D flowers were not going to work, then off to Pinterest and the web again to look for 3D flowers.
Classic Felt Flowers from Thecraftyblogstalker

Good grief no! These were waaaaaaaay too much work. I am spatially challenged. You will lose me at "Take the first strand over the second strand". You mean the one I just dropped and the cat has made off with?? The 3D ones I found were also striving for realism, not my style. I wanted petals that draped, I wanted petals in layers, and I wanted the whole thing to sit in a vase like a flower, but I didn't want it to pretend to BE a flower, at least not without a very large wink to the viewer.

I found flowers that were circles of fabric, layered, with a button or bead in the middle. I cut circles of fabric. I looked at circles of fabric. They remained flat circles. I pondered. I asked at JoAnns about moldable interfacing. They looked blank. I googled all possible variations and discovered products I did not know existed, mainly for hats and caps. None of them seemed like what I was looking for though. Too stiff, too bulky, too expensive, too hard to find. Did I mention I'm picky?

No comments:

Post a Comment