Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Handi Quilter Sweet Sixteen Day 8

http://muppin.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/31-day-blog-challenge-1.jpg
Phew, still managing a post a day as part of this challenge. 

So yesterday I mentioned that the more relaxed I am, the better the stitches. A relaxed attitude is a little difficult to achieve right now as I am catsitting for the chemist, who is swanning around England on a business trip. Well actually she is laid up in a hotel room with stomach flu, but still.

Now the chemist is very health conscious. She even thinks tofu is food. But her cat makes Garfield look like an underachiever. Here is my very scientific cat measuring system.  This is the chemist's cat. She takes up 4 kitchen floor tiles.

Here is Ms. Twitch. She takes up 2 kitchen floor tiles.

You may quibble about angles and what not, but trust me, the one weighs close to 20 pounds and the other weighs 8. 

What does this have to do with the Sweet Sixteen? Well, the chemist's cat also likes to jump up. A lot. I was negotiating a tricky turn at speed, when suddenly my quilt went sideways as 20 pounds of cat arrived on it to see what I was doing. There were words. Not all of them were printable. I put her on the floor (I think I strained my back..). She jumped back. This went on until I convinced her to sit on the floor and sulk instead, but I then found myself stitching with one eye on the cat and one eye on the fabric. This is not a good look for me. I feel like Rodney Dangerfield.


I will be a more relaxed stitcher when the chemist gets back this weekend and takes her hippo home.



1 comment:

  1. But I was thinking to leave her there till after Denver!

    ReplyDelete